Beacon of Light Christian Church started as a vision that became realized in 2002. The first service for Beacon of Light was on Sunday, August 4, 2002 at 2218 Candler Rd. Decatur, GA 30032. Beacon of Light Christian Church started out with two members Pastor Malcolm Lewis and his wife Nedra Lewis. At the end of the first month of the church’s existence Beacon of Light had 13 members. From there the church started growing gradually over time. The church went from having one service a week (10:30 a.m. worship service) to adding a mid-week service (Bible Study) a Sunday School hour every Sunday before worship service and a host of additional auxiliary ministries (i.e. Youth Ministry, Outreach Ministry, Men & Women Ministry, Marriage Ministry, Evangelism Ministry, Music Ministry, and Dance Ministry).
In January 2008 God moved the vision of Beacon of Light Christian Church to Austell, GA to a permanent facility built to accommodate the needs of the residents of the Austell community and beyond. Acquiring land and building a facility that personifies God’s excellence to serve His people is a great witness to God faithfulness and what a group of devoted and committed believers can achieve in a short period of time with God’s grace and favor.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, supernaturally inspired. It is inerrant in the original manuscripts and preserved by God in its verbal, plenary inspiration; and that it is a divinely authoritative standard for every age and every life.
- We believe in the Godhead exists eternally in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that these three are one God.
- We believe God is the absolute and sole creator of the universe and that creation was by divine command.
- We believe God, by His sovereign choice and out of love for men, sent Christ into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life; He was crucified, died as a penalty for our sins, and was raised from the dead bodily on the third day. Later, He ascended to the Father’s right hand where He is the head of the church and intercedes for believers. We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, bodily, and visibly to this earth to set up His millennial kingdom.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ made a perfect atonement for sin, through his sacrificial death and shed blood, and has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us. Men are saved and justified on the simple and single ground of His shed blood.
- We believe that salvation through Jesus Christ, with its forgiveness of sins, its impartation of a new nature, and its hope of eternal life—is entirely apart from good works, baptism, church membership or man’s effort and is of pure grace.
- We believe that a true believer is eternally secure, that he cannot lose his salvation, but that sin may interrupt the joy of his fellowship with God and bring the loving discipline of his heavenly Father.
- We believe that all who receive Christ become joint heirs with Him, and at death, their spirits and souls depart to be with Christ in conscious blessedness.
- We believe that at rapture, their bodies will be raised to the likeness of the body of His glory and dwell forever in His divine presence.
- We believe that it is the goal of every Christian to become a disciple of Christ by growing toward spiritual maturity through the knowledge of and obedience to the Word of God and submission to the Holy Spirit, who indwells, baptizes and seals all believers at the moment of salvation.
- We believe that every true Christian is to be a dynamic part of a local church since this is God’s primary context for spiritual development and community impact.
- We believe in the dwelling of the Holy Ghost for all Christians; it is in this indwelling of the Holy Ghost that verifies and validates the believer as a part of the Body of Christ, for He only indwells believers. Romans 8:14-24